I have been lucky enough to have the use of the neighbour's polisher for a while. Some of the Zephyr wheel nuts were a bit rusty and a part set of Toyota nuts, left over from the old Rav 4 when it got mags, were a bit dirty. 36 hours in the polisher and they have come up really well.
I didn't get before shots, but we all know whay old wheel nuts can look like. I'm happy with the way they came up.
I tried to get the boot badges looking as good. Only one at a time can be put in, otherwise they will tangle together and scratch or even break. The first time I let it run with just the badge and the walnut husks. Only light marks polished off. Not a great sucess! This time I tried plastic and aluminium cylinders of varied sizes. The larger cylinders can be seen in the photo above. After 36 hours of not much progress, this trial can also be chalked up to experience as a dud. The badge above has a gold coating on it, but is badly faded and just looks like a film of dirt. I guess it's back to hours of metal polish and elbow grease! I had thought of adding fine ball bearings, but a lot would be needed and they still wouldn't get into the internal corners properly.
At least I have nice shiney nuts now!